Monday, April 23, 2012

Apple Snicker Salad

When it's potluck day at work, it's also judgement day. Who brought the store bought cookies, who made homemade dip, and what is the most appealing, least suspicious dish I can eat. Being an intern, I had a  hard time deciding what to bring without going over the top yet still contributing something worth taking credit for. I decided on a dessert item that was almost impossible to mess up. Apple Snicker Salad. Now it is probably the most basic thing I could have made aside from a jar of salsa and chips, but I thought it was a crowd pleaser and decided to go for it. 


ingredients:
-granny smith apples (about 4)
-snicker candy bars (large bag of bite sized, 
but I recommend using king size to prevent 
having to unwrap each candy) 
-cool whip 12-16oz tub

directions:
      Cut the Snickers into bite size pieces and add to a large mixing bowl. Chop the apples into bite size pieces, add to bowl as well. Add cool whip to bowl and stir all ingredients together. And BAM you have the world's easiest dessert salad.
I made it the night before and simply refrigerated it overnight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds yummy! if there is any left over for dessert, what flavor of ice cream would go best with this dish?

Tan Cale said...

Sounds so delicious!
http://sweetlifebyt.blogspot.ca/

Kate Shrop said...

I would use a chocolate ice cream! maybe add some crushed cone pieces too